Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!
DIRECTV

DIRECTV

Find answers to common DIRECTV questions, 24X7.
Ask a question

Latest Conversations

(177654)
Software update failure - HR44/500

For the last several days I turn the DirecTV in the morning and I get a blue screen saying it's "Searching for New Software" (see photo). I reset the receiver and it works fine until the next morning. Now it seems to show this screen several times a day, if I power off and then back on. I checked t

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

reciever network with dtv remote app for business

can i connect all my receivers to a router via cat 6 and control them with an app? if so will i need internet connection or just wifi to control each receiver from said app?

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Fox News not broadcasting

I pay you for a service. I'm under contract for that service. That means "you too," are under contract to me to provide that service. Why am I getting a msg, "blocked due to restrictions" for a Channel I have had since I subscribed for your service? Fox News is not showing on my phone which is where

Question

• Watching DIRECTV

Directv isn’t available at your address

Wanting to get directv for sports and try signing up online and it said it wasn’t available at my location so I called and they said they stop doing directv years ago at my location but some of my neighbors still have directv is there anyway I could still get directv I live in a townhouse neighborho

Question

• DIRECTV Account

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Equipment upgrade

Hello all! My parents have been DirectTV customers forever. Late 1990's I think.  Live in the woods. ;) They currently have an H23-600, HR44-200, two C51-500's, and two C41-500's. Each receiver has a coax connected to it.  I heard from someone that the latest technology only requ

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

DirecTV Remote and LG C1 Television- How to Switch Inputs

I just bought a new TV, the LG C1. I was able to connect the DirecTV remote to work with the new TV, but the button that allows you to switch inputs (between say the DirecTV box and a game unit and a Apple TV or Roku) does not work. The remote does turn the TV on and off and control the volume prope

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Unable to access Showtime Anytime through DIRECTV

Unable to access Showtime Anytime, Epix or STARZ apps through DIRECTV subscription. I keep getting an error message on all three apps that I don’t subscribe but I do. I have spent hours on the phone with DirecTV technicians along with chat sessions to no avail. I have deleted and re-downloaded all a

Question

• Watching DIRECTV

recordings keep re-recording

For some reason previous seasons of shows (recorded, watched and already deleted) will automatically re-record. I can't delete the series or it won't record the new season when it starts.

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

recording to the up bar

Some of my recordings have them going to [Up Bar]. What is this and how do I access it?

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

receiver unable to download

cannot get on demand programming 

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

NOT FINDING WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.