Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!
DIRECTV Satellite

DIRECTV Satellite

Find answers to common DIRECTV questions, 24X7.
Ask a question

Latest Conversations

(178917)
D
Getting rid of an old satellite dish

Hello, We just bought a house in Ann Arbor and there is an old Direct TV satellite dish in the backyard. I called DirectTV and they do not come an pick up old equipment (which is shameful).  Can anyone recommend the best way to get rid if this dish?

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Santa Tracker 2022

I Can't find it and I need it for my kids

Question

• Watching DIRECTV

Closed

Directv charging $2.99 to view recorded network show on DVR

I recorded a regular CBS network series (Young Sheldon). Watched the first episode on the list of recordings, no problem.DVR automatically went on to play the next recorded episode when a screen pops up to have me agree to a $2.99 charge to watch the 1/2-hour program.CBS is free TV, why am I being b

Question

• DIRECTV Account

Oilers broadcast

I subscribe to Center Ice with DIRECTV and they do not have the Edmonton Oilers home broadcast available. When the Oilers play they only have the opposing team’s broadcast. Yet all other games have both teams available. Why is this?

Question

• Watching DIRECTV

Why do I need to upgrade my receiver?

I received a call telling me they were sending me new equipment and I needed to send my present receiver back? Why do I need to do this?

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

776 error on RV satellite

We have a Wingaurd satellite on our 2013 motorhome. When traveling, I take the genie from our house & 1 receiver and hook it up to the RV Satellite. Sometimes it works perfectly, but sometimes, it will start out working fine and then give a 776 error code. It doesn’t interrupt the service, you c

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

HR24-200 receiver error message 21-72-916

My HR24-200 receiver fails to respond to remote commands after a few hours of non-use. Only after reseting by unplugging does the receiver respond.  A few hours later it again fails to respond and I have to reset yet again.  I get error message 21-72-916, with text saying there is a fault

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

How do I determine what satellite and transponder are for a specific channel?

I have one channel that now is intermittent after years of no issues. I assume bad reception. How do I figure out the satellite and transponder for that one channel?

Question

• Watching DIRECTV

Can I watch Netflix via DTV ?

I have a Netflix streaming account and currently watch it by switching the TV to a Fire Stick and go from there. In DTV menu/settings/apps/tvapps I see a few (builtin?) apps but no "app store/download". Can I watch Netflix streaming via my (internet connected) DTV system? TIA Don

Question

• Watching DIRECTV

Picture freezing

On any channel I try, the show keeps freezing for a couple of seconds, then picks back up a few seconds forward. Only been an issue for a couple of days.

Question

• Watching DIRECTV

NOT FINDING WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.